Cloud 9 One of the perks of being a sex toy reviewer is that often we are handed vibrators and dildos to review that we normally would not be able to afford purchasing on our own. I can assure you that I would never have been able to allocate the funds for the Lelo Smart Wand Large, the L’Amourose Rosa Rouge, and so on. Many others are in the same boat. And so they buy cheap (yet terrible) sex toys because it’s what they can afford. Recently though we’ve started seeing actual, real silicone dildos and silicone-covered vibrators for $50 or less so hope is on the horizon.
But we can’t ignore those with budgets. The folks who might normally just buy a PVC nightmare that will arrive smelling up the room and possibly give them a chemical burn in the worst possible place. I need these folks to know that they deserve safe, quality sex toys on their budget. I have a short list of sex toys under $50 on my Best Sex Toys page, but that’s not really enough. I made myself a mission one day a few months ago; to comb through the Shevibe catalog and find “25 for $25 and under”. But honestly? That was hard to do. So I had to up the ante to $35. If you are in the US and get Shevibe’s cheapest shipping which is $5.95, then you can buy yourself a SAFE, non-porous sex toy for $40 or under, shipped. Note: When I talk about “body-safe” I don’t merely mean toys that claim to be non-toxic. Body-safe sex toys are non-porous. Porosity has long been an overlooked issue.
I’m not promising that all of the vibrators will rock your world. Especially when it comes to vibrators, you get what you pay for. The vibrators on the list under $25 are going to be loud and possibly have very mild vibrations. They may not last long. If you can spend a little bit more, then I can point you to the Vibratex Mystic Wand, the Jopen Lust L2.5, the Picobong Moka, the Roulette Croupier, the Fun Factory Layaspot. Better quality and the Jopen is even rechargeable. You’re here for a reason, though, and whatever your reason, these 35 sex toys under $35 are all non-porous and range from decent to great 1.
What I also want to show you is that you can find safe, non-porous sex toys under $35 without resorting to the gamble that is buying sex toys from Amazon – a place I really want you to avoid.
Vibrators Under $35
Finding vibrators that I wasn’t certain would be utter crap, under $25, was damn tough. I was able to pick out some items that are actually pretty great once I let myself go past $25.
- Change in the line-up. The Berman Center Siena was ranked well in a comment below. At $20, can’t hurt to check it out!
- Pocket Rockets are usually fairly powerful, one-battery wonders. I once loved one! Try the Water Dancer…
- …or the Doc Johnson White Nights
- The hard plastic Cloud 9 G-spot vibe is noisy, as to be expected, but reports say the vibrations are more rumbly!
- Screaming O’s Charged Vooom is impressively strong and more rumbly than buzzy.
- I read a few good reviews for the Aria Hue G and hope to try it, soon
- I’ve got two OVO recommendations for you. Their D2 impressed me well enough in person in vibrations and style, it’s best for external play.
- The OVO E3 is actually $39, but it’s rechargeable and I’m impressed with the motor. Catch it on sale for a good deal!
- Another little bullet I’ve read great things about is the VeDo Bam
- The Fun Factory Jazzie is moderate on vibrations & has one speed, but has a nice shape.
- And finally, the Doc Johnson Black Magic Bullet packs a very nice, rumbly punch for the price – the corded style needs extra attention to last you more than a few months and I don’t recommend it for internal use, but it’s a bullet vibe that kept me quite happy for awhile until I found the We-Vibe Tango.
Dildos Under $35
Again, once I upped the price cap from $25 to $35, things became so much easier. I went from struggling to find anything non-porous to recommend, to having more than enough to choose from.
- The Colours Pleasure Small provides a realistic design in bold colors, plus a suction cup.
- The My Little Heaven has a weird shape but reports say it provides great G-spot stimulation for those who need something slender.
- I wanted to include glass on the list, for those who want to try the firmness of the material but I am struggling with this recommendation. I really really hate to promote Pipedream products in part for their sub-par quality and in part for their shitty company ethics. About half of their Icicles line is under $35. It makes me twitchy though to even talk about them.
- For a slender glass dildo with a great g-spot or prostate curve, consider the Sinclair Institute Crystal G Glass Wand.
- Another glass option is the Crystal Heart of Glass dildo which didn’t totally fail the annealing test.
- For those who want size options and maybe something bigger, consider the silicone So Dildo from Marc Dorcel.
- The Cloud 9 brand has some silicone suction-cup dildos in various skin tones, all under $35.
- Another suction-cup dildo option is the Maia Riley – it is silicone but has an inner core made from another material. Under normal circumstances you won’t ever come into contact with it and it shouldn’t affect the silicone. It should be noted that I don’t recommend anything other than the dildos for this company2.
- I’ve got Tantus items on the list – the Starter dildo is great for those new to penetration…
- …as is the Silk Small
- For those who need a harness, the CalExotics Princess Low Profile fits up to 53″, so that’s not terrible3.
- Those who need more room can get the even nicer Sportsheets Plus Size Beginner’s Harness, which fits up to 72″ hips, has a nice back side and has 4 different o-rings.
Butt Plugs Under $35
- All butt toys can stimulate the prostate, but some are designed for that specific purpose. The Doc Johnson Mood Naughty 2 …..
- …or the LUX LX1 are two decent choices.
- For those who like the sensation of anal beads, try out the Fun Factory Bendybeads…
- …or the much smaller, not graduated Pleasure Works Casanova.
- There are actually a lot of butt plugs under $35, so I’ve chosen a few that rate well with others and one super-affordable, the CalExotics Coco Licious Plug.
- Fan favorites include the Tantus Ryder
- …or the Fun Factory Bootie.
- The Tantus Neo has a super-comfortable base and plug style, and comes in a silky smooth dust-repellent silicone 4.
- Those who need something extra big can consider the Plump Plug.
Penis Toys Under $35
There are plenty of cheap masturbation sleeves but the material worries me with most, in terms of toxicity. All affordable sleeves are made from a porous material, but I trust Tenga to not be toxic. Their 3D sleeves aren’t quite under $35 but are still an affordable option vs Fleshlights and the Tenga Flip Holes.
- The Tenga Eggs are listed as one-time-use but I think if you rinse it and dry it and don’t wait weeks in between, people have gotten a few uses of them.
- The lowest-priced Screaming O rings are a sticky, jelly-like non-toxic material called SEBS that is porous 5, so I wouldn’t hang onto them for many uses. The affordable (silicone) Screaming O PrimO TUX isn’t going to pack a punch, and the batteries may be hard to find, but this would be a good way to discover if vibrating cock rings are something you’d like to delve into more.
- Cock rings in general are great because they can increase erection firmness and make orgasm more pleasureable (and delayed a bit); a good place to start for a nice reusable one is the Tantus Super Soft.
So we’ve learned that there are some really great dildo options for $35 and under, a lot of butt toy options for $35 and under, but the vibrator category still makes me sad. There are cheap vibrators, to be sure, but they’re just too crappy to list even if they are made from ABS plastic. I’d like to see more brands come out with sex toys under $35 like vaginal and anal insertables that aren’t either loud enough to wake your roommate or so mild that they won’t please most people; the “mild” vibrations are why I didn’t pick anything by Bswish or Blush because my experiences with those brands consistently show their vibrators are very mild and surface-buzzy. I’d like to see some realistically-styled vibrating dildos in the affordable price range, because it’s apparently something that sells really well in the porous materials.
I don’t actually think that having silicone dildos/plugs that are only silicone on the exterior are a problem – unless the exterior can split or crack open. While it seemed shady and even a little weird to have a dildo advertised as “100% silicone” actually be stuffed with a foam insert or rubber rod, if this is what it takes to produce affordable items that have non-porous, body-safe materials where it counts? I think I’m okay with it. We’ve only found out about this practice when the items have been sliced/cut open, to my knowledge.
BONUS SECTION! Can you up your budget to $50?
While I’ve mentioned some under-$50 options above, I have more I want to highlight. I also want to highlight the Tantus Grab Bag section. While their shipping prices aren’t super awesome (I think the lowest is $12/13, which eats up a lot of the $35 budget) if you can get your budget to $50 AND grab a sale PLUS use my Tantus coupon code LILLY to take 15% off, then you have some great picks for butt toys and dildos.
- Two insertable vibes I’ve heard great things about are the Nude Impressions 01 and the Tom of Finland vibe – vaginal use only though, on the ToF one!
- I liked the Rechargeable Mini Mystic but really love the regular Mystic Wand
- Fabulous clitoral vibes that work great during partnered sex are the Layaspot and Jopen Lust L2.5
- The Vixen Mistress is great for prostate or g-spot play, great for a harness.
- Sporting ridges and a great curve, the Tantus Charmer and Tantus Acute work well in a harness also.
- And then there’s the Blush Real Nude Ergo or Suko, medium-ish dual density dildos. Also check out the Doc Johnson Truskyn dual-density.
- The Blush Ruse Big Poppa is big and bold, with a suction cup!
- The Tantus Pro Touch is good for prostates and g-spots. It’s listed as a vibrating dildo, but the vibrating bullet it comes with is kinda wimpy.
- Have a need for rainbows in your life? The very-firm Colours Pleasures Small or tapered Unicorn Horn fit the bill.
- Have your heart set on a porno-style double ended? Check out the Dorcel Double.
- The Tenga 3D sleeves don’t have a hard shell casing but feel great! The material is infused with Silver for antimicrobial properties which helps it’s porous stature.
- Actually the Tenga Egg is porous, but I had no choice, and it’s non-toxic ↩
- Similar style but much more texture is the Maia Kendall. ↩
- A more boxer/underwear style can be had for less than $30, but it fits an even smaller range of people than the Pipedream strappy harness – sad that they couldn’t take this anywhere close to plus sizes. These can be used as packer briefs or dildo harnesses ↩
- For a little texture you can also consider the Tantus Juice Plug or for something soft and squishier try the Severin Small ↩
- Although they do also make pure silicone vibrating rings under $25 ↩