Last year I did this survey and decided to do it again, just slightly modified here and there.
1. What did you do that you’d never done before?
Met a longtime close friend in person; Visited the state he lives in a few times; Saw Ground Zero; Made a permanent lifestyle change
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I’m not big on resolutions on New Years. It’s kinda silly for me.
3. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More sex. A reliable car. A job I like. (My answers from last year are still quite valid) – Others: A bigger apartment
4. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
The month of May in general; June 1st
5. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ha! Oh boy did I ever. (again, last year’s answer is still quite valid. Different injuries & illness but that will always be a constant with me)
6. What was the best thing you bought?
My android-based smartphone. It’s my favorite material possession.
7. Where did most of your money go?
8. What did you get really, really excited about?
My March trip to NYC; Seeing my bff in May; My phone;
9. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Both in some ways. But my mental state is complicated – to put it mildly, I’m a psychiatrist’s nightmare/dream lately
b) thinner or fatter? Proud to say that I’m thinner. By nearly 45 pounds.
c) richer or poorer? No idea
10. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Be more social (in many ways); proper blogging
11. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat; freak out; waste time on projects and people that weren’t worth it
12. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I guess I’ll have to say that finally committing and succeeding at making a change in my life with diet and exercise is the top winner. I’ve tried in the past, but never succeeded. I don’t consider my current spot on the “journey” success, exactly, I’m not near enough my goal weight to admit that one.
13. What was your biggest failure?
The Sex Blogger Co-op and handling multiple blogging projects in general.
14. How many one-night stands?
15. What was your favorite TV program?
I’ve had a couple – Just discovered Bones and The C Word and NCIS; Castle, Grey’s, Glee, Weeds and others rank in my faves
16. What was the best book you read?
“Confessions of a Carb Queen” by Susan Blech really opened my eyes; I found a few new authors I like – Caprice Crane, Liza Palmer
17. What did you want and get?
18. What did you want and not get?
My stove replaced; peace of mind; More money / better job; sanity
19. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More stability with my brain chemistry.
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
A mix of casual and fashionable, girly and femme.
21. What kept you sane?
My hub, my friend
22. Who did you miss?
24. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
I can’t do it all myself
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways
All my underdogs
We will never be never be anything but loud
And nitty gritty dirty little freaks
~ Raise Your Glass, Pink
My hopes for 2011
- That I learn to let go and let be with this weight loss, and stop being OCD and anxiety ridden over every little thing
- That I allow myself to have fun and do the social events I avoided in 2010, and realize that others don’t see me as I see me
- That I reach my goal weight by the end of 2011
- That I learn to do what I can and nothing more in this blogging world; There’s no awards to win, no friends to win, no grand finale, no end game – accept that some people “do” and some people “take” and to walk away before my resentment encompasses everything.
- Be less of a Yes-Woman. Let someone else be the do-er, and stop being used by so-called friends. Learn that friendships made and relied upon via what I can do for them are not true friendships and let them go and learn to say “no”.