Jan 262017
 

Tenga Iroha Yoru - Charcoal Whale-shaped vibratorThis looks like a really strange sex toy. I know. As I was using the Iroha Yoru during testing I found myself wondering what I was thinking when I requested to review it. I guess I was thinking “Everybody will be picking the Kushi and Tori, I should write about the Other One, the world needs to know about all three”.  But I was really sad to discover that the Tenga Iroha Yoru just doesn’t work for me.

Part of the problem is that I expected both sides of the “mouth” to be plushy, squishy, and moveable. In reality, only one side is. The other is just immovable, firm, silicone-covered plastic with a bit of squishy under the silicone skin. I can’t decide if my small clitoris would, in theory, be more or less compatible with this design. Would this work for a larger, more exposed clitoris? Regardless, I couldn’t get the mouth situated around enough of my clitoris for this to feel nearly as good as the pinpoint Kushi does. You can visually see the squishy areas in the video below but I’ll try to explain more.

The “belly” (ridged area) has a lot of squish. The side of the “mouth” that is moveable is on the belly side. There’s a lot of squish on the outer, belly side of the mouth, but not a lot on the inside. You can feel that there is a thin, pliable plastic piece in the lower portion of the mouth so that it retains a shape. If you press on the very tip of the mouth you’ll feel it easily. There is no squish on the inside of the upper mouth, and it is very solid/rigid. If I press my finger on the tip of the upper portion of the mouth there is a tiny bit of squish under the silicone skin but if you hit it wrong the rigid plastic is felt and this may be painful to those who like and need to apply pressure when using a vibrator. There’s a minor amount of squish along the back and the tail is pure squish. 

My review of the Kushi (the seashell one) is glowing from the beginning to end and I really expected that I’d be able to recommend the Yoru. I adore the pinpoint design of the Kushi and the way the design works with the great motor to deliver rumbling, lovely vibrations right where I need them. Kushi is versatile, where Yoru is more niche. I’m reminded of how much I loved the Tenga Iroha Minamo and then felt blah about the Mikazuki. It’s really the little things that make or break it for me.

Many things about the Tenga Iroha Yoru are the same as Kushi: Waterproof; has a cool charging case with a lid that doubles as storage; and has fairly rumbling vibrations. Most of the vibrations are focused at the “mouth” but you feel a decent amount in the body of the whale – the only part I don’t feel any in is the squishy tail. I can’t tell if the vibrations are different because it’s a different design than the Kushi, or if it’s simply the fact that the design doesn’t work for my body that makes the vibrations feel slightly less “wow” than the Kushi.

I’m left feeling really bland about the Yoru and it’s 85% because of the shape and the “mouth”. It simply doesn’t work for my body, or the way I masturbate. The other 15% is because of the vibrations as mentioned above. Super close in comparison, but it’s enough to make it a little harder for me to orgasm. As I try to think of folks who would like it, I’m again at a loss simply because it is just a tremendous fail for my body. I’m thinking it could be good for someone with an exposed clitoris who likes snug clitoral coverage without any movement during use. Mainly I just want to say: forget the Yoru, get the Kushi or Tori instead. Kushi and Tori are excellent, adorable and easy to recommend.

 

Thanks to Shevibe for sending me this cute, but off-the-mark vibrator in exchange for my honest review!

 Posted by at 9:48 pm