I’m stealing this fromwho stole it from NY Diva
IN THE YEAR TWO THOUSAND…(NINE)
1. What did you do that you’d never done before?
A few exhibitionist/voyeuristic things that have been written about; saw a burlesque show; had a “street” hot dog in NYC
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
If I made any, I don’t recall. I probably made a few and didn’t keep them. I’ll make another one or two.
3. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More sex. A reliable car. A job I like.
4. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory?
August 23rd; April 1st; November 6th
5. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ha! Oh boy did I ever.
6. What was the best thing you bought?
7. Where did most of your money go?
8. What did you get really, really excited about?
A few plans that got canceled; My trip to NYC; you’d think I would say “my wedding” but I’m not ;)
9. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? A little jaded; more realistic
b) thinner or fatter? Probably a little fatter
c) richer or poorer? A smidge richer, but only because I’m bringing in a little money from my site and commissions
10. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Be more social (in many ways); live in the realm of reality
11. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat; pine; live in the world of fantasy
12. How will you be spending new years?
I spent it as we have for the last number of years – not doing much and barely acknowledging the stroke of midnight
13. Did you fall in love in 2009?
14. How many one-night stands?
Wouldn’t you like to know ;) The number is somewhere between 0 and 3
15. What was your favorite TV program?
I’ve had a couple – Fringe; House; Pushing Daises (gone now); and a few more that are escaping me.
16. What was the best book you read?
I read a lot, it’s hard to narrow it down. “Certain Girls” by Jennifer Weiner, probably
17. What did you want and get?
18. What did you want and not get?
R; a vacation longer than 24 hours
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 32. I think I went out to eat with hub.
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Smart-dressy-casual that’s femme and sexy. Trying to be more fashion-conscious and feminine.
21. What kept you sane?
My hub, my bff
22. What political issue stirred you the most?
Not going there
23. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a lot of wonderful people in NYC that I hope to see again
24. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Stay more grounded in reality and pay attention to everything.
I am starting this year off on a better foot. My tennis elbow pain is nearly gone; the cortisone shot worked for now. I’m scheduling for an epidural inter-vertebra cortisone shot. I spent the day purging. Out with the old, in with the new. Bought new “everyday” panties and got rid of the sorry ones. Bought a slew of new socks to replace ones that were dead or dying or lost their mates. Purchased all new bed pillows and throwing out the old ones (ick! the things I read about pillows!!). This weekend we’re doing a major clean up, give away, re-organize to the apartment. I can’t stand to live like this any more! We made good headway today, better than I expected, and the endeavor continues this weekend.